Choosing the Right Toy For Your Dog
Exercise and play are the most important things that you need to do with your dog for him or her to be a balanced and happy pet. So make sure that you take plenty of walks, and that you have a good selection of toys to choose from.
- Once toys become frayed and worn they must be replaced
- Rotate your toy selection regularly so that your dog doesn’t become bored
- Select the appropriate toy to deal with different behavioural or situational issues
Toss & Retrieve Toys
Shop Toss & Retrieve Dog Toys
- Dogs love to run, chase, and fetch their toys, especially discs and balls.
- Ensure that you choose a softer variety for younger or sensitive dogs
- These toys are fantastic, because your dog will have a great workout without you having to work too hard!
Plush & Fleece
Shop Plush Dog Toys
- Dogs are pack animals and love companionship, so soft and cuddly toys can be great company for your dog while alone.
- A dog’s strongest sense is smell, and plush or fleece toys will develop a familiar scent, making them even more comforting for your pet.
Shop Dog Chew Toys
- Be sure to chew toys based on your dog’s chewing power, as puppies, adult dogs, and ageing dogs all will have different chewing power.
- There are special chew toys available just for puppies, and these can be used to teach your puppy what is appropriate to chew and what is not. So when you catch your new puppy with your favourite slippers, replace it with a puppy chew toy!
- Rope toys are great for tug-of-war, which most dogs will love to play. This game not only exercises your pet physically, but also mentally.
- Dental chews are a great way to get your dog’s teeth clean, and keep them busy at the same time.
Treat Dispensing & Interactive Toys
Shop Interactive Dog Toys
- In order to combat boredom and destructive behaviour, your pet will need toys which exercise their minds, and treat dispensing toys are great for this
- These toys are a great high-value treat, which can be used to treat separation anxiety in your pet.